12 - 13 - 2012
Today’s temperature – high 70’s – amazingly beautiful weather so gardening chores are fun and dressing the house for Christmas is a bit easier.
I glanced out at my small old conservatory this morning and Cali my fearless Yorkie was soaking up some rays….near the large pots of lavender that are thriving in this weather. Even my bougainvillea is happy and blooming away.
I potted up some paperwhites last week…here’s the growth after only 7 days.
These were planted 3 weeks ago… nothing says Christmas to me like pots of Paperwhites everywhere in my home.
This amaryllis is blooming almost on cue! Can’t believe I got the timing right this year.
Found a new use for my garden cloche jars…
Love these vintage teddy bears…I began collecting these a few years ago.
Top Things to do in December
- This is a good time to add small evergreen shrubs and trees to your pots if you want them to look good through the winter months. The nurseries have a wonderful selection of them to choose from.
- Water your flower beds, pots and flower boxes throughout the winter months – especially before extreme cold temperatures – dry roots don’t do well in extreme cold.
- Now is a great time to plant new trees and even most landscaping plants – the nurseries are stocked to the brim with them.
- Now that the leaves have fallen from your trees this is a good time to assess whether or not they should be pruned this winter as you can see their limb structure more clearly.
- Enjoy the holidays outdoors by dressing your outdoor living areas with pillows and blankets in pretty wintery plaids and flannels – summer is over!
- Enjoy the holiday season and spirit by sharing special times with friends and family.
Now more than ever a wish for peace on earth.
Will always incorporate this treasured photo! Nora….
Happy Gardening -
All My Best -